Personal And Professional Integrity
All board members, volunteers and employees of the organization act with honesty, integrity and transparency in all their dealings with each other and as representatives of the organization. P.E.A.C.E. promotes a working environment that values respect, fairness, integrity and collaboration.
Support Of Mission
P.E.A.C.E. has a clearly stated vision and mission, approved by the board of directors, in pursuit of the public good. All of its programs support that vision and mission and all who work for or on behalf of P.E.A.C.E. understand and are loyal to that vision and mission. The vision and mission are responsive to promoting diversity and inclusion within the constituency and communities served.
Governance And Accountability
P.E.A.C.E. has an active board of directors that is responsible for setting the mission and strategic direction of P.E.A.C.E. and oversight of the finances, operations, and policies of the organization. The board of directors:
- Exercises reasonable care, good faith, loyalty and due diligence in organizational affairs.
- Has a conflict of interest policy that ensures that any conflicts of interest or the appearance thereof are avoided or appropriately managed for the protection and benefit of P.E.A.C.E.
- Ensures that P.E.A.C.E. conducts all transactions and dealings with integrity and honesty.
- Ensures that P.E.A.C.E. promotes working relationships with board members, employees, volunteers, and program beneficiaries that are based on mutual respect, fairness and openness.
- Ensures that P.E.A.C.E. is fair and inclusive in its hiring and promotion policies and practices for all board, staff and volunteer positions.
- Ensures that the resources of P.E.A.C.E. are responsibly and prudently managed.
- Ensures that P.E.A.C.E. has the capacity to carry out its programs effectively.
- The board of directors is committed to professional development, continuous learning and the pursuit of certification where applicable.
P.E.A.C.E. is knowledgeable of and complies with all applicable laws, regulations and international conventions.
P.E.A.C.E. manages its funds responsibly and prudently. This includes the following considerations:
- It spends a reasonable percentage of its annual budget on programs in pursuit of its mission.
- It spends an adequate amount on administrative expenses to ensure effective accounting systems, internal controls, competent employees, and other expenditures critical to professional management.
- It compensates employees, and any others who may receive compensation, reasonably and appropriately.
- It has reasonable fundraising costs, recognizing the variety of factors that affect such costs.
- It ensures that all spending practices and policies are fair, reasonable and appropriate to fulfill the mission of the organization.
- It ensures that financial reports are complete and accurate in all material respects.
Transparency And Disclosure
P.E.A.C.E. provides comprehensive and timely information to the public and all stakeholders and is responsive in a timely manner to reasonable requests for information. All information about P.E.A.C.E. will fully and honestly reflect the policies and practices of the organization. Basic informational data about the organization, such as charity number, will be posted on the organization’s website or otherwise made available to the public. All financial, organizational, and program reports will be complete and accurate in all material respects.
P.E.A.C.E. regularly reviews program effectiveness and has mechanisms to incorporate lessons learned into future programs. P.E.A.C.E. is committed to improving program and organizational effectiveness and develops mechanisms to promote learning from its activities in the field. P.E.A.C.E. is responsive to changes in its field of activity and is responsive to the needs of its constituencies.
Inclusion And Diversity
P.E.A.C.E. has policies of promoting inclusiveness and diversity in its board, volunteers, and employees in order to enrich its programmatic effectiveness. P.E.A.C.E. takes meaningful steps to promote inclusiveness and diversity in its hiring, retention, promotion, board recruitment and constituencies served.
P.E.A.C.E.’s board of directors are responsible for ensuring that all volunteers and employees feel safe, confident and comfortable to live their day-to-day lives at work, without harassment, prejudice or judgment and to have their concerns heard and attentively listened to otherwise. P.E.A.C.E.’s diversity and inclusion efforts are heartfelt and we are committed to continuously developing new, better and relevant strategies for our workforce.
In raising funds from the public, P.E.A.C.E. will respect the rights of donors, as follows:
- To be informed of the mission of the organization, the way the resources will be used and its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization’s board of directors and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to the organization’s most recent financial reports.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their donations is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by the law.
- To expect that all interactions with individuals representing the organization will be professional in nature.
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that the organization may intend to share.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.